The Good Egg: Silence The Inner Critic
Click here to sign up for this Daily Newsletter!
Hello, Good Eggs, and Happy Thursday! Today’s newsletter is going to give you strategies on how to silence your inner critic and resistance.
Here are 5 tips:
1. “Daily/Morning Gratitude and Affirmations”: When you wake up, think about something you are grateful or thankful to have in your life. This will set your morning off on the right foot, making it harder for resistance to get in your way.
2. “Remove ‘I can’t’ from Your Vocabulary”: Count how many times you say “I can’t” in one day. Some people do it way more than they realize. Resistance feeds on those words — so getting rid of them, will help get rid of resistance.
3. “Take a Break From Social Media”: Social media can be a great tool, but it can also feed your inner critic. Your inner critic likes to compare you to others and make you feel bad about your own life. Try taking a day or two off from social media and see how you feel.
4. “Get Around the Right People”: Be with people who support you, listen to you, motivate you, and want what’s best for you. Your inner critic likes to be around people who don’t help you in life. When you’re around good people, you’re more likely to have a positive outlook on your life.
5. “Celebrate the Wins”: I love this one. Each day there should be something to celebrate and be happy about. Acknowledge your small wins. Maybe it’s not letting resistance get to you today. Maybe it’s not saying the words “I can’t”. Each win deserves recognition.
To learn more about these tips check out “5 Things You Can Do to Silence Your Inner Critic” by John Macdonald. Think about trying out one or more of these tips today. Enjoy!
-The Good Egg 🐣